Friday, October 16, 2009

Real time for pondering!















Today I am finally re-entering the world of the functioning people. I am recovering from hip arthroscopic surgery and having any surgery is an experience I hope not to replicate. The surgery was on Wednesday, the 7th of October. It is now the 16th and I am doing very well, so they tell me.





The first few days were awful. I was not expecting any of the stresses that were naturally coming my way. First of all, and not least, I have neither a bedroom downstairs nor a full bathroom. Enough said.....everything I need is always upstairs. That is just how it is living in a two-story house. Even though I spent much time in thought and preparation for the experience, there was no way to imagine that I was going to be physically out-of-it. If it had not been for the precious, patient, strong and Godly husband that I have, I suppose I would have just died in the sleeper sofa bed because I had no power to get myself out of it. My right leg looked like a stuffed sausage and it would not bend very well. I have never - in all my life - felt so helpless. I know my God is in control and I know that if I perished in that sleeper sofa in a pool of "urine" (gross, I know, but that's the truth), then that would have been his will for my life. The longer I live, the stronger my faith grows in the Providence of God. There is absolutely nothing that happens that is outside of his knowledge and will. That is a huge comfort in all situations. I wasn't honestly thinking any of this when my leg was a sausage and my body was in so much pain. I know I will have grown by leaps and bounds when I can in the midst of trials and pains immediately know that the is the will of God for my life and rejoice in it. I am not there yet, but I do know He loves me, even though I fail to meet my own standards of perfection time after time. He does not have those standards for me. I have made my own list of "what Peggy should be like and do." Here I grow again!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment