Wednesday, September 16, 2009
Quiet September Day
While I have been very busy today with many things, it is a very quiet and cool day and I have been pondering again. I have thought about the past week-end that I enjoyed and wondered about the motivation behind so many people who were willing to travel to Washington D. C. at their own expense, pay for lodging, food, etc. I can really only know my own heart and I tend to think that others share the same desire that I have to get this country back to its roots. Perhaps that is not true. I don't know. Maybe some came out of anger or fear. Many certainly came for the love of their country and the desire to be a part of letting our government know we are indeed paying attention to what they are doing, and to keep them accountable to the people who sent them there to represent us. I want my own motivation to be pure and I think it is. My desire is to help people to learn the truth about the Christian founding of our country so that they will know that only the hand of God can bring about true change. Americans, for the most part, are very unaware of their own heritage. Why would they be when they have never been taught it. God has said He will heal our land after we who are called after His name humble ourselves and pray, turn from our own wicked ways and seek Him. That is found in 2 Chronicles 7:14. I actually saw many signs in the crowds last Saturday with this Scripture. That gave me hope. My real trust is in God, not in marchers or tea-partiers. He is still in control. We are just in for a struggle. What else is new......in history? It is just new to us. We have not known the kind of struggles our forefathers experienced. We do have the same God though and He hasn't changed one bit! He will lead us if we will just follow His lead.....back to work now.........
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment