Mike Huckaby speaking at CHA Banquet
Sarah Palin - LIVE
This truly has been an incredible month. We have been to Texas three time for family birthdays. I had a surprise birthday with my kids and grandkids. Life has been truly busy and hurried with the normal activities of my school at night, my teaching school a couple of afternoons, physical therapy winding up and two amazing events recently that I cherish.
On February 23, our annual Christian Heritage Banquet was honored to have as our speaker - the Honorable Governor Mike Huckaby. He was a fabulous speaker. We were totally sold out very early, with about 1000 seats filled. This was held at the Cowboy Hall of Fame, which is always going to be a special place in my heart because of Emma's wedding reception being there.
Governor Huckaby spoke about our country and the great need to train our students to be good citizens because they are the leaders of our future. He really seemed to get CHA and our mission of training men and women to propagate the gospel throughout the earth as fully educated men and women equipped by the Lord for His service wherever he may lead them. We had our picture taken with him and that was fun for those who sat at our table. Gov. Huckaby is truly a Godly man and I believe he would be a wonderful leader as president of our nation. We certainly could use one about now. I know God is in control of this also, but it can't help to hope and pray!
The other pictures above were taken yesterday in Tulsa at the kick-off of the "Taking Our Country Back" tour. Glenn Beck just brings tears to my eyes with his amazing passion for our country. His heart is so real. He is the best communicator I have ever seen. He is such a great example to all Americans that we too need to educate ourselves about our heritage and do what we can to help good people get into positions of service, as well as doing all we can in our personal lives to live a purposeful Christ-centered life. He clearly told the group that the reason for our success as a nation is not our people, but it is our God. If we leave Him out and His principles, there will be a huge crash heard round the world as this great nation - the only current nation with a hope for freedom for all people - falls. If it does, we will know why and that God is still on the throne and His plan for the world will go on. We will have great trouble though. I am praying that American Christians will awaken from whatever it is in our lives that is keeping us from totally following His will. When I see and listen to Mr. Beck repeatedly and without fear warning America, I am reminded of Jeremiah, the weeping prophet, who warned Israel repeatedly of impending doom if they did not repent and turn back to him.
Seeing Sarah Palin in person was such a thrill. I know she is just a person, but it was still fun! She gave a great speech, full of hope and patriotism....my biggest cup of tea! After she finished, they showed a video of all the names of young Americans from Oklahoma who have died in these current wars. There were ninety young men and women, and it is heart wrenching to think of the families and the sacrifice they have made of their children for our nation. While Sarah was watching the video, her little girl came out and stood with her. What a precious sight! She had on just what kids would, a knit shirt and pants and she hugged her momma and Sarah hugged her girl....sweet picture. I felt very blessed to get to attend this special event.
These things have set me pondering more. I wonder what God is doing. I wonder what His plan for America is. I wonder if American Christians will repent and pray so that God will heal our land. I wonder what He wants me to do about all this. I wonder why He has given me this incredible passion to learn and share with others what God has done in our land. I wonder!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment