Flowers for Ashleigh's Shower
This month began rather quietly, but soon picked up speed. As I was still in recovery mode early in the month and was unable to do very much yet, my non-gardening husband volunteered to even do this for me. He is one of a kind and I am very blessed. He and I have very different skills and my perfectionist tendencies in this area are a bit too much for his "that's fine" personality. He did a wonderful job and next spring I will have to post pictures of his diligent efforts. It was very frustrating for me to not even be able to touch the wonderful dirt. My walker would not allow it, nor would my Ike. I likened my frustration to him this way..."How would you like it if I went to play golf for you because you had to be on a walker and you just watched me?" He understood quickly.
The picture at the top of this is the proof that I am still learning how to do this blogging and I don't know how to insert a picture where it should go.......it goes here. Oh well, maybe someday I will learn the tricks of this trade.
Ashleigh is the daughter of a dear friend of mine. She is four years younger than my youngest daughter and I have known this precious girl since her birth. She is joy and a sweetheart. She is just finishing Physician's Assistant school and will be getting married in February. That is one wedding I am looking forward to with great happiness.
This month definitely moved along rather quickly with this shower. I had to be able to move around more and I was still using a cane. That became very annoying and soon I just put it away and began to walk 'normally.' I had no pain, but I still got tired rather easily. I can still feel that something happened to my hip, but I wouldn't really call it pain. Now the physical therapy sessions are increasing in intensity and I do come home very tired.
This is the month for thinking about the year and moving toward the last of the year big days that are coming rather quickly. Thanksgiving and Christmas are huge celebrations for our family and our country. Both are about our Savior. We give thanks to him all the time, but this particular day is a big focus for it. I will post about that next time.
Life is good, and it continues to race along. My time of surgery was a time of being still and resting. Now I am back to the busy days again, but I did learn much from the rest!

I like your new page background. And you're right Ike is a very special guy. Merry Christmas, pondering Peggy.
ReplyDelete