
Cup of coffee at the Broadmoor
No, I am not at the Broadmoor. I just love this picture and the memory it brings to my heart. I truly love having a lovely meal of any sort at a pretty place and this resort is at the top of the list.
This quiet Sunday morning, I was just pondering my blessings. I am still recovering from my surgery and life is beginning to pick up speed again. I was just thinking about this fall and all the blessings that God has given me just because He is love and I am loved. At times, when life is extremely difficult, it is hard to remember that He is allowing this problem to build my character. I just want the problem over and everything to be great and happy. It is not always that way...in fact, most of the time there is some problem happening, some problem is coming to an end, or some new issue is on the horizon. God knows it all. I don't. I am trying to just enjoy the day no matter what it brings.......easy to write....hard to do!
This fall I was able to go to Washington D.C. with friends to the big Tea-Party. I blogged about that. It meant a lot to me to be able to go an let my voice be heard or at least to see that there are so many like-minded Americans who are very dissatisfied with the current state of government. There is much more to write about that later.
The second great event was a very special mother-daughter trip. I have been hoping to get to do this since our last one. This time we went to the Broadmoor for a couple of days...hence the picture of coffee time. It was the middle of September and the weather was so awesome. I could cry thinking of how special that trip was to me. There is nothing better on this earth for me than one-on-one time with one of my children, daughters-in-law, or grandchildren. It is a rare occurrence and I cherish those moments.
This quiet Sunday morning we had a special short visit from Em and Kent. They spent the night last night after going to the OSU-Texas game. Sadly for them, OSU lost. We had a nice breakfast together and Mr. Kent helped me with some of my computer issues. I am learning but not at breakneck speed, I must say! They have headed back home now and it is such a gorgeous day. Oh, how I would love to be able to dig in the dirt today and plant fall flowers......Soon I hope.
No comments:
Post a Comment