Sunday, May 22, 2011

Completing a Lifelong Dream

My life has been a series of events that were wonderful and others that were terrible, just like most people's lives. There has been one event that I have long desired to complete. I am one of those weird people who love school and love learning about so many things. I love the search for knowledge and the special feeling of a job well done, no matter what the job may be. The event that I have been waiting a very long time to accomplish was the completion of my college education. Many people wonder why this is so important to me. That answer is beyond my full explanation. I guess the final answer is that I wanted it. Will I be using it? I have no idea....perhaps. My life goal now is to be who I should be to my family, my friends, my church, my community, my love of imparting history to interested people. God will show me what to do. I have no doubt about that at all. I just pray I do not jump out ahead of His plan for me. I am in the last quadrant of my life, most likely, so I want to do something special that bears fruit. that will impact people and especially my grandchildren for their lives. All of us only get one chance at living our lives. Shouldn't it be doing what God gives us to do? It is different for all people, but for me, I feel sure it will involve some sort of teaching since that is what I love the most. God knows. I do not!
My graduation was a feeling that is hard to put into words. It was very emotional, after having waited forty-seven years for this event. It was awesome just seeing part of my family up in the seats cheering me on. I am not accustomed to being the one with the cap and gown. I am accustomed to being the one in the stands, proud of my child who is graduating.
I can't close this blog without telling about the sweetest part of the day. My Ike planned a beautiful surprise party for me. I was truly shocked! There were so many dear friends there to celebrate with us. My kids were there. My life in Oklahoma which began in 1970 was well represented by the presence of friends from the various areas of my life. What a tremendous day that the Lord provided for me.
Pondering the direction of my life is still something that continues. I do not have to know. I just have to search God, ask Him, and then follow his leading. I cannot go wrong with that plan. I just know that I have lived a very full life, full of things that really matter. Actually most of my personal expectations never turn out the way I think they will, but after a while, I can look back and see that His plans for me have been better than my own. Pondering the will of God for your own life is a 'pondering' that yields fruit. I am contemplating the future of America, the lives of my children and grandchildren and how in the world I will ever get ahead of the weeds in my flower gardens! First things first!!

No comments:

Post a Comment